Hi everybody! Two exciting things to share with you about the EXPO.
This year, we are adding a very special entertainment opportunity.
From 2:00 until 2:30 none other than Naomi Pierro will be showcasing her talents on the EXPO stage.
More information later on what you can expect from Naomi!
This year we will have an app designed especially for the EXPO! The main take away here is that I need detailed information about your ministry so that it can be entered into the app’s data base.
When people select the list of exhibitors, they can select your ministry and a whole page of information
will show up. So: send me your leader names, contact information, logo, website, description of your ministry.
We need this information no later than August 13! If you miss that deadline you may not be able to be included
- mainly because the company may not be able to update it in time. It’s a lot of information.
- But also because we have other important things to do and once we are done with this we may not be able to come back to it
You can include website links, video links, etc.
Okay, so get me your information!
The EXPO Variety Show needs an Emcee! Are you funny? Good in front of a crowd? You could be the one!
To be the EVS Emcee, you have to:
- be willing to help coordinate the acts into a good working order for the show
- be able to stay within given time limits for the acts and the show as a whole
- work with Gopher volunteers to pull together the necessary props for the show
- oversee the process that lets acts know when it is their time to perform
AND MOST IMPORTANTLY,
- YOU HAVE TO BE WARM AND HELP THE AUDIENCE HAVE A GREAT TIME!
FYI the Emcee position is not an opportunity to perform but to facilitate!
Wanna give it a try? Fill out the form below and paste a link of your Emcee skills (official or unofficial) in the comments box.
The EXPO Variety Show is a fun event where performers from SGT (sometimes a special guest) perform for a lively, fun-loving SGT audience!
If you would like to be a part of the show, here’s what you need to know:
- YOU MUST AUDITION!!
- You must have a genuine, high quality, polished act, skill, or talent that can entertain a family audience
- You must be willing to stay within all the guidelines of time, quality, dress, etc. set by the show
- LOTS OF SINGERS WILL AUDITION, SO COMPETITION WILL BE STIFF!
- A unique, non-musical talent is always rare and if it is quality may just get you on stage!
Wanna give it a shot? Fill out the form below and paste a link of your talents in the comments box.
What is a GOPHER? Well, the GOPHERS are the ones that make the EXPO happen. From the Saturday set-up to the Blue Light Specials on the day of the EXPO, the Gophers are the EXPO ambassadors. They turn it into a Five Star event!
To be a Gopher, you have to
- be available on Saturday, September 16, during set-up which begins around 9 and ends at around 4
- available during the EXPO (Sunday Sept. 17) from 8:30 until 4.
There are various duties, the final one is
- to help with tear-down beginning at 3.
We’ll comp one meal on Sunday afternoon.
It’s great fellowship! We need you!
It’s just a little over two months before the Fourth Annual SGT Ministry EXPO arrives! I hope you are excited about it! There are going to be some surprises this year that I am not quite ready to spring on you yet.
One of the things that I hope happens at this year’s EXPO is that ministry leaders and their teams will feel appreciated and honored. Of course, the purpose for the EXPO is to showcase ministries so that:
-Our congregation can discover new opportunities for ministry involvement
-People who need ministry will know where to get it
However, one of the byproducts of the EXPO –at least a possibility–is for the Gophers to be of service to and a blessing to our ministry leaders. In any case, at the heart of the EXPO is our ministries, their leaders, and the teams of people who make those ministries happen.
Stay tuned for more. Till then, brainstorm about how this year your ministry can be highlighted better than ever!