1. There is still time for you to send information for the app if you hurry!
2. If you are hoping to have an EXPO Blue Light Special, remember: there will only be eight and it’s not first-come/first-serve, it’s whichever ones are the best! So think big and hurry!
Hey gang, guess who’s gonna Emcee the Variety Show? None other than Maureen Arasmo! Don’t you think she will be great at it? I do! When you see her give her some encouragement!
The ball has started rolling for the Variety Show so if you want to audition or know someone who should tell them to get in touch with me right away!
[P.S. We won’t let Maureen get away without singing for us!]
Hey guys remember the EXPO Blue Light Special? Let’s do it again!
So here’s the deal: everyone can’t do it only because there is not time and it will lose its affect. So, we will allow 8 BLSs and only the very best ones will be chosen. So:
- Get with your overseeing Pastor and your team
- Decide on the best proposal for a Blue Light Special
- Let Anna know what your idea is (265-2485, Ext 112)
Can’t wait to see what you come up with!
Hi everybody! Two exciting things to share with you about the EXPO.
This year, we are adding a very special entertainment opportunity.
From 2:00 until 2:30 none other than Naomi Pierro will be showcasing her talents on the EXPO stage.
More information later on what you can expect from Naomi!
This year we will have an app designed especially for the EXPO! The main take away here is that I need detailed information about your ministry so that it can be entered into the app’s data base.
When people select the list of exhibitors, they can select your ministry and a whole page of information
will show up. So: send me your leader names, contact information, logo, website, description of your ministry.
We need this information no later than August 13! If you miss that deadline you may not be able to be included
- mainly because the company may not be able to update it in time. It’s a lot of information.
- But also because we have other important things to do and once we are done with this we may not be able to come back to it
You can include website links, video links, etc.
Okay, so get me your information!
The EXPO Variety Show needs an Emcee! Are you funny? Good in front of a crowd? You could be the one!
To be the EVS Emcee, you have to:
- be willing to help coordinate the acts into a good working order for the show
- be able to stay within given time limits for the acts and the show as a whole
- work with Gopher volunteers to pull together the necessary props for the show
- oversee the process that lets acts know when it is their time to perform
AND MOST IMPORTANTLY,
- YOU HAVE TO BE WARM AND HELP THE AUDIENCE HAVE A GREAT TIME!
FYI the Emcee position is not an opportunity to perform but to facilitate!
Wanna give it a try? Fill out the form below and paste a link of your Emcee skills (official or unofficial) in the comments box.
The EXPO Variety Show is a fun event where performers from SGT (sometimes a special guest) perform for a lively, fun-loving SGT audience!
If you would like to be a part of the show, here’s what you need to know:
- YOU MUST AUDITION!!
- You must have a genuine, high quality, polished act, skill, or talent that can entertain a family audience
- You must be willing to stay within all the guidelines of time, quality, dress, etc. set by the show
- LOTS OF SINGERS WILL AUDITION, SO COMPETITION WILL BE STIFF!
- A unique, non-musical talent is always rare and if it is quality may just get you on stage!
Wanna give it a shot? Fill out the form below and paste a link of your talents in the comments box.
What is a GOPHER? Well, the GOPHERS are the ones that make the EXPO happen. From the Saturday set-up to the Blue Light Specials on the day of the EXPO, the Gophers are the EXPO ambassadors. They turn it into a Five Star event!
To be a Gopher, you have to
- be available on Saturday, September 16, during set-up which begins around 9 and ends at around 4
- available during the EXPO (Sunday Sept. 17) from 8:30 until 4.
There are various duties, the final one is
- to help with tear-down beginning at 3.
We’ll comp one meal on Sunday afternoon.
It’s great fellowship! We need you!
It’s just a little over two months before the Fourth Annual SGT Ministry EXPO arrives! I hope you are excited about it! There are going to be some surprises this year that I am not quite ready to spring on you yet.
One of the things that I hope happens at this year’s EXPO is that ministry leaders and their teams will feel appreciated and honored. Of course, the purpose for the EXPO is to showcase ministries so that:
-Our congregation can discover new opportunities for ministry involvement
-People who need ministry will know where to get it
However, one of the byproducts of the EXPO –at least a possibility–is for the Gophers to be of service to and a blessing to our ministry leaders. In any case, at the heart of the EXPO is our ministries, their leaders, and the teams of people who make those ministries happen.
Stay tuned for more. Till then, brainstorm about how this year your ministry can be highlighted better than ever!
I hope all is well in your ministry world! Of course, you have more to do than to prepare for the EXPO. However, I hope you will see the EXPO as a way to tell the church what your ministry is all about and a way to recruit fellow laborers.
Sometimes, people at the EXPO sign up for involvement in ministries but when you try to contact them they either don’t remember or are no longer interested. That’s frustrating but it’s ok. That’s the way it is with people.
Look at the recruitment aspect of the EXPO like this: if you can find one or two people who will make a genuine commitment and become genuine parts of your ministry team, it will be worth all the effort you can put into being at your best when the EXPO rolls around on September 17!
Also, remember: we really do believe in prayer, so ask the Lord of the harvest to send forth laborers into the field you are working in–and to use the EXPO to do it!