Okay, I’m being silly, but it is true that the are lots of great freebies at the EXPO! Where can you grab hold of the goodies?
First: Check the ministry tables. There are usually plenty of fun and useful freebies to go around.
Second: Keep your eyes and ears peeled for the EXPO Blue Light Specials! There aren’t many but you just might be one of the winners!
Third: At the EXPO Variety Show we’re gonna play a game called “Gift or Gag.” There will be some good gifts and some “gag” gifts. If you don’t know what a gag gift is, come and find out!
Ok EXPO Ministry Leaders,
You will remember that I invited you to send me descriptions of your ministry, links to the web, logos, contact information, etc. for the EXPO APP. Not many of you did that, which is unfortunate. However, some of you did. Congratulations. WELL, you can now download the app from the Apple App Store or (if you have an Android device) from Google Play.
Here’s what I would like for you to do:
- Download the app
- Find your ministry in the menu under “Exhibitors”
- Press the link that shows you where you are located on the interactive map.
- Back out of that and choose Interactive Map from the menu and touch the various numbers so you can see how it works.
- Register on the app
- Look around and see what’s there, etc.
- Make suggestions, ask questions, etc.
NOW, here’s the thing. I am still loading information into the app. To the degree that I can do it I will update your section if you have some ideas. No promises at this point and when time is up? It’s up!
We are only 17 days away from the EXPO and only 16 away from set-up. Here’s a check-list:
[_] If you are using a tri-fold display, is the back of it “finished” or “unfinished”? (No unfinished tri-fold backs allowed!)
[_] Do you have high expectations for your ministry booth? In other words, are you doing all you can to look your very best? The EXPO is a showcase for YOUR ministry!
[_] Are all your give-aways in order? People love give-aways!
[_] Have you made a proposal for a Blue Light Special? There is still time…
[_] Are you prepared for sign-ups? Make sure people know how they can be part of your ministry!
[_] Make a note: Set-up BEGINS at 5pm on Saturday, September 16 and not before.
[_] Someone should be available at your table constantly beginning no later than 10:15 am (even sooner if possible).
[_] Make a note: Tear-down begins at 3pm on EXPO day (not before.)
[_] Please have extra help at your table so that you can attend one of the services and so that it never has to be unattended.
These are just a few items to help you get your EXPO brain in order!
1. There is still time for you to send information for the app if you hurry!
2. If you are hoping to have an EXPO Blue Light Special, remember: there will only be eight and it’s not first-come/first-serve, it’s whichever ones are the best! So think big and hurry!
Hey gang, guess who’s gonna Emcee the Variety Show? None other than Maureen Arasmo! Don’t you think she will be great at it? I do! When you see her give her some encouragement!
The ball has started rolling for the Variety Show so if you want to audition or know someone who should tell them to get in touch with me right away!
[P.S. We won’t let Maureen get away without singing for us!]
Hey guys remember the EXPO Blue Light Special? Let’s do it again!
So here’s the deal: everyone can’t do it only because there is not time and it will lose its affect. So, we will allow 8 BLSs and only the very best ones will be chosen. So:
- Get with your overseeing Pastor and your team
- Decide on the best proposal for a Blue Light Special
- Let Anna know what your idea is (265-2485, Ext 112)
Can’t wait to see what you come up with!
Hi everybody! Two exciting things to share with you about the EXPO.
This year, we are adding a very special entertainment opportunity.
From 2:00 until 2:30 none other than Naomi Pierro will be showcasing her talents on the EXPO stage.
More information later on what you can expect from Naomi!
This year we will have an app designed especially for the EXPO! The main take away here is that I need detailed information about your ministry so that it can be entered into the app’s data base.
When people select the list of exhibitors, they can select your ministry and a whole page of information
will show up. So: send me your leader names, contact information, logo, website, description of your ministry.
We need this information no later than August 13! If you miss that deadline you may not be able to be included
- mainly because the company may not be able to update it in time. It’s a lot of information.
- But also because we have other important things to do and once we are done with this we may not be able to come back to it
You can include website links, video links, etc.
Okay, so get me your information!
The EXPO Variety Show needs an Emcee! Are you funny? Good in front of a crowd? You could be the one!
To be the EVS Emcee, you have to:
- be willing to help coordinate the acts into a good working order for the show
- be able to stay within given time limits for the acts and the show as a whole
- work with Gopher volunteers to pull together the necessary props for the show
- oversee the process that lets acts know when it is their time to perform
AND MOST IMPORTANTLY,
- YOU HAVE TO BE WARM AND HELP THE AUDIENCE HAVE A GREAT TIME!
FYI the Emcee position is not an opportunity to perform but to facilitate!
Wanna give it a try? Fill out the form below and paste a link of your Emcee skills (official or unofficial) in the comments box.
The EXPO Variety Show is a fun event where performers from SGT (sometimes a special guest) perform for a lively, fun-loving SGT audience!
If you would like to be a part of the show, here’s what you need to know:
- YOU MUST AUDITION!!
- You must have a genuine, high quality, polished act, skill, or talent that can entertain a family audience
- You must be willing to stay within all the guidelines of time, quality, dress, etc. set by the show
- LOTS OF SINGERS WILL AUDITION, SO COMPETITION WILL BE STIFF!
- A unique, non-musical talent is always rare and if it is quality may just get you on stage!
Wanna give it a shot? Fill out the form below and paste a link of your talents in the comments box.